Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tears are not necessary

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, you really need a bow. Here is my Christmas tree. I think it looks pretty good not to have a bow.

I need to learn to tie a bow because right now I do not have time nor do I want to pay someone 20.00 to make a bow for my tree. Maybe next year. I did buy mesh ribbon half off today so maybe next year it will be on my tree.
I have such fond memories of Christmas growing up. Christmas was always so much fun. Josh and I always got the greatest gifts and we thought everything was decorated so festive. In our eyes, it was great.
However, I do have to tell this. Every Christmas, Dad would put the Christmas tree together and put the lights on it and Josh and I would help Well, every year, Mother would cry. She would sit and cry because the tree was ugly. In her defense, it was a little tree in a big room but to us it was wonderful. I would always say, " Daddy, Momma is crying again." Dad would say, " Beeecky" very sad like as he tried to fix the tree, asking what he could do. We got a new one in 1999 and Mom has not cried since.We laugh about this now every year as we put the tree up. I love my family- they are too funny.

1 comment: