Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Taking a Leap



These are the words that came out of Jay's mouth when I said I wanted to blog because everyone is doing it, " Well, would you jump off the cliff if they did?"
AHHHHHHHHHH! (That is me jumping off the cliff.)
So here I am starting a blog. Do I really have a reason? No, but hopefully:) one day I will have a reason
and have really great news to tell you.

                                        
My life is great- simple but great. I love Jay, my husband. I truly love him more each day and year. He is so funny and even though he pretends to be tough and mean sometimes he loves and takes care of me. He pretends not to care- he gets that from his Daddy, but he really does.We have been together FOOORRRREEVVVEERR.But I love that. We have so many memories together but we are getting old and cannot remember them all- ha ha.
In December,Jay and I will have been together for 9 years-almost a decade. It seems like yesterday, he
asked me for my number in the Piggly Wiggly breakroom. Not to be cheesy, but he is the love
of my life.
Here is my philosophy on true love; if you can remember the first time you kissed and still get chillbumps after 9 years, you are with your true love and love like that lasts a lifetime. He's my love!


I love me some Scruff MaGruff. If you had told me last year at this time that I would have a dog, I would have probably choked on some Coke Zero. I am not a dog person, but I love Scruff. He is my first born. Him loves his momma; my favorite thing to say. I cannot imagine life without him. Scruff has allowed to peer into the future and see how Jay will handle children. If so, I will do all the bathing, feeding, picking up poop,loving on the children and Jay will play,cut the hair of, and discipline our children. Seems about right- Ha ha!!


My parents and my brother are my other loves. I love hanging out with them, you may
think this is weird, but we have a really good time. We laugh all the time.

Joshua Lewis is like my other child, if it was not for me, he would still be in that swing, crying for a bottle. Kidding, but I did help raise him. Josh and I can have fun anywhere and laugh about everything. He is my brother but more one of my best friends.He has a great heart, is a great Christian and will make a great husband one day. I know I can always count on him and hope he can say the same thing about me. We tell each other everything- except for things about my girlfriends.

                                                       

Dad is hilarious. He is crazy sometimes but he is FUNNY. Dad gets very involved in things. He gets hooked on a recipe and we must eat it, hooked on a song and we listen to it for months, hooked on gadgets and  insists everyone one in the world needs one. If I could say one thing about Dad, I would say when he loves you, he loves hard. He loves you with all he's got and worries about you. He's great.

                                                
Mom, what to say. I love her with all my heart. She is so, so, so funny. Mom can say and do the craziest, most hilarious, pee in your pants funny thingsin this world. My Mother (sometimes I call her Tiny Tim) is a faithful christian and a great example of what a christian woman and mother should be. I hope I can
be like her one day and teach my children to love Jesus like she has done.  Even though, I am out of school she still helps me whenever I need it with my job; listening to
me complain, cry, laugh. She is simply wonderful!!
                                              

My friends are the best. We all have so many memories together. School, band, college and now married life. We have had some crazy times;awesome,crazy, silly, laugh until there is no sound times. What I love the most about my friends, is no matter how far apart we may be, we can pick right where we left off. One of my favorite versesPsalm 18:24," There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." Well, they are the sisters I never had!!

So, I think this a great start to my blog. Life is simple for now, just Jay, Scruff MaGruff and me. I love God and thank him for everything- He is worthy of all my praise!!


7 comments:

  1. You have offically made my blogging life complete! I am concerned about how Jay is going to take the news of your blog...first it was facebook and now this...I am not sure he will live through all the madness:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of you jumping off the clif.....lol. I had to laugh!!! I also love that you finally have a blog. Tell ole grandpa to join the 21 century. It's not that bad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw what a sweet post Ollie!! I am soo glad you have a blog. I love keeping up with everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooo excited you are blogging! You brought a tear to my eye with your friends post! Love yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your comments.
    Jay thinks I'm crazy for starting this but he did read it yesterday and I saw a glimmer in his eye-he liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ollie, I was so thrilled to read your very first blog. I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete