Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Repeat

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!! Christmas is almost here and I know you are not going to believe this but I am not ready. I cannot seem to get any of my shopping done. Blame that on the fact I change my mind constantly about what to get. I love Christmas but hate getting presents because I will worry about what to get someone for days/weeks.This is all silly I know but I have always been like this.
Example, the first Christmas Jay and I had was in 2001. December 24, Jay and I exchanged presents. I had no idea what to get Jay but at a Christmas get together, my cuz Adam suggested I get him Pearl Harbor. That is precisely what I bought him. I was nervous when he opened his present - I start sweating and get really nervous. Jay bought me two cute picture frames and a Pomegranate candle from the PIG- my favorite.  Jay actually watched that movie. Not very many presents have I seen Jay love from me. He only like useful gifts. This includes gifts that allow you to kill your food, clothes to wear, or anything else from other people, just not my gifts.
For example, last year I got Jay a very sweet AU picture with a saying about husbands. I loved it- it was manly and sweet. Guess where it is? Well, Jay could not tell you because after it sat in the same place from December 25 to February, I did the only thing a wife should do.I hid it from him and he has yet to ask about where it is. Jay is going to be pretty surprised (sarcastically) on Christmas when he gets the pure and utter joy of seeing this yet again. The tag will say, " To Jay, From Ollie.....again." The joy will be spread to me because I will have to wrap it again.....I wonder where it will wind up after Christmas???
These are some words of advice to whom it may concern, it better go up on the wall!! And no I am not bitter, thanks!!!

(Sorry no picture...I was having technical issues.)

3 comments:

  1. Ok, let me tell you where you got off on the wrong foot....listening to CHrismtas present advice from cuz Adam...no, just kidding. I am laughing so hard at this post. Please get his pic when he opens it up for the second time. I will say one thing for Jay...he usually gets you some very snazzy gifts so I am sure that does make it very hard for you to trump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ollie, I didn't know you had a blog!! So excited to find you!

    ReplyDelete