Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Those people

Much to the dismay of my husband, Scruff MaGruff has been.....gasp...sleeping in the bed with us. Yes, I know, I cannot even believe it. I never thought in my 26 years of life, I would be that person with a dog, let alone let him sleep in the bed with me. Let me clarify for all of you in shock: Scruff sleeps on top of the comforter at the end of the bed. Well, he is supposed too.
This is how it started. Every night poor Scruff gets put into his room with the gate up. So, I started letting him come and lay with me on the bed for a little while before Jay would come to bed. Then, when Jay would come in, he would be the bad guy and take him to his room for the night. Well, about 2 weeks ago, Scruff would start shaking when we would take him to his room. Not only then, but even if I mention the word B-E-D, he would start to shake. It was very, very sad!!! People may say that dogs are not humans but Scruff has alot of  " human" qualities. Sometimes he is like a child and it took me back to all those nights I was forced to sleep alone so I looked at Jay and said, " I just can't do it. Please let him stay with us." So, we did and it has been fine up until last night.
Last night, Scruff was up all night long. He walked around, played and did everything else you can imagine. Needless to say, we did not sleep good but I have no idea why neither one of us got up and put him up. We just tossed and turned until the clock went off at 5:00. Unfortunately, Scruff will be banished to his room tonight, according to Jay. I am already sad about it!!
Admitting is the first step, so I admit that I am one of "those people". "Those" people who get upset, wrapped up and consumed with the life of their furry legged friend. Even when I was standing out in the middle of the street, in the rain, crying for Scruff because he had run away, in clothes that did not match, late at night, I did not want to admit I was "that" person.
Even when I called my Dad( aka Big Horn, Robert S), to come to my house, while I was at school,  to check on Scruff because he was sick and I was scared, I could not admit it.
However, the bed thing just totally goes against every fiber of my being, so I know I am officially part of " those" people!!!

4 comments:

  1. It could be worse...he could be under the sheets with you! I hope Scruff didn't feel to neglected last night back in his own room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Ollie!!! Molli doesn't even sleep in the bed with us and here I was thinking I was much worse than you. She does however sleep right beside us in her very own bed. :) Good luck with the tough love...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. And who would have ever thought that after living in my house for 27 years that I would have let a dog come in the house. And then sleep in the bed with us.Only because Scruff won the heart of you and your Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GanDaddy said don't be bad on Scruff... let him sleep with you.. or bring him to his house.

    ReplyDelete