Wednesday, June 12, 2013

40 Weeks



Today is Jaylie's due date. But guess what? 
She is not close to coming. 
Went to Dr. Ballard yesterday. I am not thinned or dilated at all. It really hurt my feelings. Given the pain and pressure I've been having since Saturday, I just knew something was happening. 
I was pretty upset about it.
I have been very firm about not being induced- I just want it to happen. But it is not looking like it will. 
If Jaylie does not come on her own, we will be admitted Monday night and have her Tuesday. I will basically be 41 weeks and Dr. B said that was her limit. 
I told her I give up by then anyway.:)
She told me I had been a trooper and promised me that she would give me every chance to have her before we would even discuss a C- section. 

So now we wait.. 
Let me say that I am now officially miserable. But I feel like since its my due date it's okay to claim that and no one will think I'm a baby. 
 
Let me just say that my Mom has been a lifesaver, cheerleader, clothes washer, chef and everything else in between.  She has done so much to help me get ready for Jaylie; I wouldn't be if it were not for her! Thank goodness for Ganmama!

Here is baby girls nursery. 


Changing table dresser with our very special thumbprint tree given to me my Stephanie and Christi. It has everyone's thumbprint from all my showers. Very special to see people who will play a part in our sweet girls life. 

Crib and a corner of toys. 

We made the valance one night. Jay did a really good job. I thought it turned out so cute!!

Shelves and other dresser. Excuse the floor but I have all the things we are taking to the hospital lined up beside the door. It is a lot. Poor Jay said we needed a suburban with a trailer just to go to the hospital. He may be right. 
She also has a closet full of clothes and diapers in her room- thanks to everyone!!:)

Trust me- I see that the dressers are not distressed. But when we painted them, I liked them just white. I don't know why. 
Every once in a while I want to go back and distress them, but then I snap back to reality that I can hardly move now- so I will have to wait!!
This sweet baby boy has been so clingy to me this past week. It honestly makes me sad to leave him while we are at the hospital.
Crazy, I know. But trust me- he has been our baby for 3 years. We love him and call him our baby boy. He has brought lots of joy to not only us but our extended family. Without Scruffy, Ganmama and Gandaddy wouldn't have their names:)

Jaylie, you can wait and come Tuesday if you must: sooner would be better. But I just want you here safe and sound.... With a smooth labor please! 

1 comment:

  1. I had fun helping you get ready for Jaylie!!! I love you so much and look forward to seeing you being a mother!!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete