Saturday, March 23, 2013

28 Weeks

 
 
 
Here is our sweet Jaylie.
On April 20th, we had a drs appointment and 4D sonogram. It started with my Dr's appointment.I had my sugar test- not as bad as I thought it would be- I passed!!
 It was all good until Dr. Ballard heard I had lost weight and she said, " How did that happen? Are you eating?" Yes, I am but I can't eat that much because it just stops. She said, " Well, you have to have a growth scan before your ultrasound to make sure that baby is okay."
When we walk out of her office, I get a little upset. I had to see the nurse practioner to get a Rhogam shot and she could tell I was teary-eyed. She said, " Are you not feeling good? Sugar test make you sick?" No mam, I'm ok. " Then why are you upset? Because I have lost weight and have to have the growth scan and I just want everything to be ok.
See when you go through what Jay and I went through, you are just waiting for bad news- not something I am proud to say that we wait on but we had our share for so long that you come to expect it.
She said, " I am sure everything is fine. You know, us big gals, we tend to lose weight when we are pregnant because we are eating better."
Jay says, " See..all worried for nothing."
Her statement did not offend me at all- it made me feel better.
Mom and Christi arrived at this point and we went to the sonogram room to have the growth scan and 4D.
Growth scan looked great and she had grown.
The first thing we saw on the 4D was her butt. It was Jay's proudest moment- haha.
 
Then her foot and then we saw mostly this for 20 minutes.
 
All I wanted was to see her nose and mouth. But she would not move her arm. In fact, this was one of the better pictures. The technician was so sweet and patient and really wanted her to  move. So after a while, she told me to go back and see the Dr and then come back.
 
About 20 minutes later, we were back and Jaylie didn't move. I sat up, turned on my side, jiggled her around and finally we all agreed I should drink some cold water. I did and abuot 5 minutes later- we saw this sweet face.
This looks alot like me- like almost identical to a baby picture I found.

We got to see her open her mouth.Her hands and feet were beside her face the whole time.
 
                                                         This is the Mitchell nose- it is so cute on her.


                                                  Look at that foot in her nose and that sweet grin.


                                
                                           

And this has been named her gangsta pose. It was so crazy to see her  move her hands and feet, stretch and move.   
 

The 4D makes it all real. Not that it wasn't before- but you realize that this is happening and this little person who looks like you, is really coming. God sure blessed us by letting us see that sweet face. It is all I can think about now!

We also had our very first shower- given by Christi, Stephanie and Tashauna. It was very fun and we got lots of goodies.

1 comment:

  1. For some reason I just now saw that you posted this. I didn't know you had to have the Rhogam! We are twins;) HAHA. I actually think they just save it for people who are really scared of needles. And I love the gangsta pose!

    ReplyDelete