Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas 2011

I cannot believe that another year has gone by- I feel really old.
December flew by. I feel like I never got done decorating for Christmas until it was almost over- but in my defense- I had something going on every weekend.
I didn't take many pictures this Christmas but here are some.

        Our Christmas Tree

       We went to the beach in December. I didn't take any pictures except for this one of the sunset- beautiful!!
         Our pitiful attempt at a pic of us in front of the tree. We all look like a hot mess and I love how my Swiffer mop is in the background. Jay thought it was great.........yeah right.
 This next picture could take your breath away because it is so cute or you may laugh but I LOVE it. I had this printed and gave it to hims grandparents.
 Scruff MaGruff had a great Christmas. His Aunt Linda gave him a chicken which he loves. He carries it around everywhere. He was like a kid. I sat the bag in front of him, he knocked it over so he could look inside and pulled out toys. It was cute.
 He played and played....
 Family picture
Do you see the white circles? They were all over our Christmas pictures. You may think they are reflections of light but I don't :)
 Jay threw a stocking on Scruff and he did not like it.
 After Christmas, Josh and I made this for Mom. She has been wanting us to make it for a while. It has some of our favorite childhood ornaments and a few new ones. It is on a turn table. It really turned out cute and Mom is really proud of it.


 I also made these picture frames. I thought they turned out pretty cute for my first time to make them.
I really enjoyed painting them. This one is kind of an antique white.
I got a sewing machine for Christmas from Jay's mom and I used it to sew the bows.
You may all know this but burlap will unravel if you don't sew it up or sew it with wire in it.
I had no idea burlap was like that.
I used the white picture frame for a dirty santa gift.
 For another dirty santa gift, I made this AU key holder. It turned out pretty good considering it was scrap wood. Jay and I had so much fun that day cutting wood and drilling. He even helped me sew but shhh don't tell anybody.
 Our last Christmas event was on New Years Day. The Mitchell christmas.
Lawd, what a crew!!!

Let me just brag on the Hubs for a minute. He got me 2, yes 2, Coach purses for Christmas. While were in Destin, we went to the Coach outlet because I have never been. I looked around and they were having a great sale. I found one I loved but decided to wait.
Jay somehow during the trip went back and got me two of them.
I was really surprised. He always does a great job at Christmas.
So that is it folks- Christmas 2011 in the books!!

1 comment:

  1. You did better than me with the pics. This was our first christmas in our new house and not one pic. The driod camera just didn't do it justice.

    ReplyDelete